As you may have guessed by the title, the book contains patterns for using your favourite stash of fat quarters – and there are 12 gorgeous projects for you to choose from.
I have made the pattern called Venture Out, but I am happy to report, it was hard to choose a favourite to share with you as part of the book tour, because so many of them have ended up on my ‘to-make’ list :).
Fresh Fat Quarter Quilts
The book is divided into 5 sections with patterns that call for either 6, 8, 10, 12 or 14 fat quarters.
The projects range from baby quilts through to queen sized quilts, and each is designed with easy construction methods in mind.
I really enjoyed the simplicity of the Venture Out pattern, and decided to reduce the original pattern size slightly to make a baby quilt over a couple of weekend sewing sessions.
The fabric I chose to use was designed by Aneela Hoey, and I love the vibrant, youthful and energetic feel it gives to the quilt.
Andy has a great sense of colour and each quilt in the book feels unique and fun – so I loved analysing her colour style and feeling inspired! And, Martingale have done a great job capturing the beauty of the quilts in the photos, making this book a must have for your quilt library, with inspiration on every page!
A big thank you to Andy and Martingale for letting me preview this book, and allowing me to share my thoughts.
Blog Tour Participants
Be sure to check out the following bloggers to see the projects they have created from the new Fresh Fat Quarter Quilts book…
- Nov 18: Jen Van Orman – Heritage Threads
- Nov 19: Holly Lesue – Maker Valley
- Nov 20: Amy Chappell – Ameroonie Designs
- Nov 21: Nadra Ridgeway – Ellis and Higgs
- Nov 22: Kristina Brinkerhoff – Center Street Quilts
- Nov 23: Amy Sinibaldi – @AmySinibaldi
- Nov 25: Jessica Dayon – Jessica Dayon
- Nov 26: Amy Smart – Diary of a Quilter
- Nov 27: Amanda Niederhauser – Jedi Craft Girl
- Nov 28: Andy Knowlton – A Bright Corner
- Nov 29: Sharon Burgess – Lilabelle Lane Creations
- Nov 30: Samantha Dorn – Aqua Paisley Studio
- Dec 2: Lindsey Weight – Primrose Cottage Quilts
- Dec 3: Bev McCullough – Flamingo Toes
- Dec 4: Christopher Thompson – The Tattooed Quilter
- Dec 5: Amber Johnson – Gigi’s Thimble
- Dec 6: Melissa Corry – Happy Quilting Melissa
- Dec 7: Amanda Castor – Material Girl Quilts
And don’t forget to follow the Instagram hashtags – #freshfatquarterquilts #abrightcorner and #madewithmartingale to see all the images from the book tour in one place!
Grab a Copy of the Book today…
You can purchase a copy of Andy’s book through any of the links below, and gift yourself an early Christmas present ;).
- Fresh Fat Quarter Quilts from Amazon
- Fresh Fat Quarter Quilts from Fat Quarter Shop
- Fresh Fat Quarter Quilts from Andy